You may be able to claim either a full or partial rebate on the cost of your session through one of the following options:
- The Better Access to Mental Health Care Initiative– A Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) needs to be completed by your GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician. With a MHCP, a rebate of $128.50 can be obtained on up to 10 individual and 10 group sessions per calendar year. For more information visit: psychology.org.au.
- The EPC Plan (or Chronic Disease Management Plan)– The Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) program provides Medicare rebates for allied health services, for people who have a chronic medical condition. You may be eligible to claim a rebate through Medicare for these services if you have a chronic condition that is being managed by your GP under an Enhanced Primary Care Plan. A chronic medical condition is one that has been or will be present for at least 6 months. The EPC provides a maximum of 5 total rebates per calendar year for all Allied Health services. For further information, please contact your GP.
- Helping Children with Autism Initiative Medicare Items – visit health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/autism-children.
- Private Health Insurance. Speech pathology and clinical psychology may be covered under some health fund plans. Please check with your private health fund to determine if you can claim a rebate on your appointment.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). We accept plan-managed and self-managed NDIS clients. We do not accept agency-managed clients. Families who are self-managed, pay for the sessions and then claim back the cost of their sessions with NDIS. For plan-managed clients, the invoice is sent to the plan manager for payment. For psychology services there is a gap that the family needs to pay on the day of their session.